There is a lot of news, information, opinions, and commentaries regarding this new virus.
While there may be political and economic implications, this is a lung and respiratory health issue facing our world’s population.
This is a new virus, and there have been no studies produced to show that halotherapy will prevent or relieve its symptoms. However, given the current evidence that supports relieving symptoms of upper and lower respiratory conditions, halotherapy is safe. As we always recommend, please have consumers consult a physician or licensed health professional.
Regarding preventative respiratory hygiene, while there are no long-term studies that provide evidence that halotherapy can be used as a preventative measure for this coronavirus (COVID-19), it is widely known that dry salt therapy has antibacterial properties that could be beneficial, also please refer to prevention guidelines outlined by the CDC.
The Salt Therapy Association understands that many concerned consumers and your customers may be inquiring about the coronavirus and how halotherapy may be utilized, so please be informed with the following information:
Here are Frequently Asked Questions and Answers from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Disease Basics https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html#disease-basics
- How Does Coronavirus Spread https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/transmission.html
- Prevention https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html#prevention
- Preventions & Treatment https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention-treatment.html
- For Healthcare Professionals https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/faq.html
Please click on the above links and read this information not only for yourself and your loved ones but also as a professional in the salt therapy industry.
Disclaimer: While there are many clinical and scientific studies conducted on dry salt therapy (halotherapy) throughout the world, the FDA has not evaluated the statements made throughout this website. Dry salt therapy is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.